Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Master's Lesson


John 13:1(NIV)
1 It was just before the Passover Festival. Jesus knew that the hour had come for him to leave this world and go to the Father. Having loved his own who were in the world, he loved them to the end.

Jesus, at the last Passover meal, took upon Himself the humble task of washing His disciple's feet, teaching by example to serve one another in love.   I wish I could credit the artist of this painting and say that I love how a goblet seems to appear between Jesus and his disciple, and how we see the water and the blood that was necessary for our salvation.   It is good to take time to remember what Jesus has done for us, to remember how He loves us.
  
Father, I have purposely walked through that same muddy ground today, forgive me and wash me clean.  

"Are You Washed in The Blood?" - Chris McNeil



No comments:

Post a Comment