Monday, April 16, 2012

A Whittling Stick


Revelation 4:11 (NIV)
11 “You are worthy, our Lord and God,
   to receive glory and honor and power,
for you created all things,
   and by your will they were created
   and have their being.”

Ephesians 1:9 (NIV)
And he made known to us the mystery of his will according to his good pleasure, which he purposed in Christ,

There was a day when my grandfather took a stick and whittled a small curved sword for a sibling that could have carried her through dreams of Arabian nights.   For me, he whittled a pencil. . . Sigh. . . a pencil.  Perhaps Grandpa knew me better than I realized because I do love to whittle, shaping and sharpening my thoughts with words.   As for my sibling, she has been a defender and champion of the weak, myself included.   
God is my whittler, my Creator.   He made me for His glory and His pleasure.  I was made for Him, not for myself.   If he wanted me to be a pencil, then a pencil I will be.   To God be the glory!
Acts 20:24
However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me--the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.
"Homeward Bound" - Kristene Mueller

No comments:

Post a Comment