Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Engraved On His Palms

Isaiah 49:15, 16a (NIV)
15 “Can a mother forget the baby at her breast
   and have no compassion on the child she has borne?
Though she may forget,
   I will not forget you! 
16 See, I have engraved you on the palms of my hands; 

Psalm 139: 1-4 (NIV)
 1 You have searched me, LORD,
   and you know me. 
2 You know when I sit and when I rise;
   you perceive my thoughts from afar. 
3 You discern my going out and my lying down;
   you are familiar with all my ways. 
4 Before a word is on my tongue
   you, LORD, know it completely. 
5 You hem me in behind and before,
   and you lay your hand upon me.

How blessed are the hands of my Savior!  His hands are always upon me, around me, and under me.   I am safely held by His love, now and forever.  I am looking forward to that day when I will be able to trace my name in His nailed-scarred hands.   The very thought makes me want to weep with joy.   It also calls me to tell others of the love of Jesus, because the thought that there are those who will live their lives denying their Lord is a sadness I don't want to bear.   Yet, my Jesus bears it.  

Forgive me Lord, when I fail by my thoughts, words, and deeds to bear witness of my Savior.   I do love You.

"Your Love Will Find Me" - Brian Doerksen

No comments:

Post a Comment