Thursday, April 12, 2012

Joy and Sorrow


Laughter is the most beautiful and beneficial therapy God ever granted humanity.
    Chuck Swindoll

When I see a photo like this I'm reminded that our Lord has a sense of humor.  I expect that the joy and laughter we experience here will be greatly multiplied in Heaven.   And there will be no more, no more, no more sorrow!   That Jesus would come to earth to be known as the Man of Sorrows speaks volumes about His great love!   He was and still is despised and rejected by those He came to save.   In facebook speak Jesus, the friend of sinners, was  unfriended and blocked.   Even so, He wore the crown of thorns and bore the cross.   Hallelujah!  What a Savior!

Man of Sorrows - Claire Holley
Isaiah 53:3 (NIV)
 He was despised and rejected by men, a man of sorrows, and familiar with suffering. Like one from whom men hide their faces he was despised, and we esteemed him not.


Dad, 
You're grandson will soon graduate from high school!   I hear his grown-up plans and I know he'll be leaving home.  I've been really enjoying him too.  He's got a dry wit that makes me laugh.  Where did the time go?  Did we surprise you like that, or was there good reason for you and Mom giving me luggage as a graduation gift?

No comments:

Post a Comment