Wednesday, April 18, 2012

His Will or Mine?

Phillipians 4:11 (NIV)
I am not saying this because I am in need, for I have learned to be content whatever the circumstances.
Philippians 4 6-11 (NIV)
6 Do not be anxious about anything, but in every situation, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. 7 And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus

Again I've left writing until I'm almost too sleepy to write, still I try to be coherent.  After another night like this I looked at my post in the morning and wondered wherever I could have come up with such a strange title!   It's been edited since then.
I have been guilty of the sin of envy today, wanting what I can't have, looking at real estate listings on the computer when I won't qualify for a loan because of the foreclosure on our record.   It costs more to rent now than it would to make mortgage payments, but in this strange, new economy we are forced to pay more than we really can afford   My good God has provided thus far for this little house under the weeping willow tree, and I have to trust that He will continue.  Still, I torture myself when I look at how much we could save if only we could purchase instead of renting a home.   I want to yell at God for not doing better by us, even though we still have what we need, just not always what I want.  I haven't yet learned how to be content whatever the circumstances.  This life is but a vapor in light of eternity.   I think my God would be happier if I grumbled less and served Him more.
"Hold To God's Unchanging Hand" - Lindell Cooley

No comments:

Post a Comment