Monday, April 9, 2012

The Kids Are Okay


Psalm 127: 3-5 (NIV)
3 Children are a heritage from the LORD, 
   offspring a reward from him. 
4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior 
   are children born in one’s youth. 
5 Blessed is the man 
   whose quiver is full of them. 

Dad,
We just returned from visiting Starbucks at the Safeway store to honor the two-year anniversary of your heavenly home going.   No, I still don't drink coffee, but I did enjoy a hot chocolate.   Your son-in-law and grandson had the coffee.  Your children and grandchildren miss you, but we're okay, likely still living under the grace of your constant prayers for us.  
We drove by your old house last week.   Your name is still on the mailbox!   I thought about knocking on the door and telling them you had a new address and likely a solid gold mailbox, if there are such things in Heaven, but I didn't.    I've been thinking about how the other kids in school thought that my milkman dad must be rich, because you drove that truck full of chocolate milk and ice cream!   You were rich if you were defining your riches as God does.   You and Mom raised us all without ever putting us on a reality television show.  Thanks, Dad!  

"I Wonder What They're Doing" - The Forbes Family


No comments:

Post a Comment