Thursday, May 31, 2012

Flying Sparrow Ahead

Matthew 6:25-26(NIV)
25 “Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more than food, and the body more than clothes?26 Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? 27 Can any one of you by worrying add a single hour to your life[e]?

It's been a little more than a year since we lost our house to foreclosure and moved into this little house under the weeping willow tree.   I think I should be over the loss by now but I'm not.   I am yet sad.   Still, I know, I really know that God is watching over me and that should be enough.   I look out the window, however, waiting for the bluebird of happiness to settle in my yard and see only sparrows and blackbirds.   Child of God, remember that the joy of the Lord is your strength.   Fly away, little sparrow, to your Savior.

"His Eye Is On the Sparrow" - Selah


No comments:

Post a Comment