Thursday, May 3, 2012

Sleep Sound In Jesus

Proverbs 3:24(NIV)
when you lie down, you will not be afraid; when you lie down, your sleep will be sweet.

I often find myself waiting until bedtime to write, and I'm not always sure then that I'm giving this beanscot blog my best.   Night time is when all the aches and pains of the day are more apparent and I find myself longing for the sweet sleep of a child.   I like this song by Fernando Ortega, "Jesus, King of Angels," for the comfort it brings knowing Jesus is in charge of my nights as well as my days.



The lyrics:
Jesus, King of angels, heaven's light,
Shine Your face upon this house tonight.
Let no evil come into my dreams;
Light of heaven, keep me in Your peace.

Remind me how You made dark spirits flee, And spoke Your power to the raging sea.
And spoke Your mercy to a sinful man;
Remind me, Jesus, this is what I am.

CHORUS:
The universe is vast beyond the stars,
But You are mindful when the sparrow falls, And mindful of the anxious thoughts That find me, surround me, and bind me . . . .

With all my heart I love You, Sovereign Lord.
Tomorrow, let me love You even more.
And rise to speak the goodness of Your name Until I close my eyes and sleep again.

CHORUS
Jesus, King of angels, heaven's light,
Hold my hand and keep me through this night.





No comments:

Post a Comment