Sunday, May 20, 2012

A Sanctuary for my Lord

John 14:23(NIV)
Jesus replied, "If anyone loves me, he will obey my teaching. My Father will love him, and we will come to him and make our home with him.

I was stumbling through Scripture today when I came upon a number of verses that speak to the truth that God will make His home with me.   If God should be willing to live in this tiny little house under the weeping willow tree then so should I be willing.   Still I rebel against the confines of this house and long for a bigger, better place to live.   Could it have a dishwasher, Lord?   Please?   What about a hot tub for my fibromyalgia?   Bigger closets, too, I'd like bigger closets.   "There's just no place to put stuff!" I cry and I recoil from the clutter.  Perhaps it's time to do a little spring cleaning in my own heart to make more room for my Savior's comfort.   He deserves no less.
I also came across a song I haven't heard sung for a long time, "Sanctuary," as other songs have come into vogue in corporate worship.   There's no reason, however, I can't make it a part of my personal worship.  I found a video for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment