Tuesday, May 22, 2012

No Greater Love

John 15:13(NIV)
Greater love has no one than this, that he lay down his life for his friends.
Romans 5:8(NIV)
 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
John 10:11(NIV)
 "I am the good shepherd. The good shepherd lays down his life for the sheep."

The national news tonight covered the one year anniversary of the devastating and deadly Joplin, Missouri tornado.   I was especially touched by the story of a young wife whose husband gave his life for hers, when he covered her with his own body as the tornado passed over.   His sacrifice was of one of no greater love, the love that compelled Jesus to die for his own bride, the church.   One day he will present us spotless before the throne of God, because He has been our covering.
I was glad tonight to see that the young wife was living her life as her husband would have wanted.   Here is the story from a year ago.


Martyr's Song - Todd Agnew

2 comments:

  1. Hi, your blog really touches me, have been reading it for a while... Just wanted you to know about a website i started ReadYourBiblesChurch.com... It's a place for Bible study guides.. I also put a forum in that can be viewed from a mobile device.. I couldn't find where to contact you privately so I'm commenting, hope that is okay. :) God Bless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's okay! : ) Thank you for letting me know. We serve a good God.

    ReplyDelete