Saturday, May 5, 2012

My God, My Promise Keeper

Genesis 6:8(NIV)
But Noah found favor in the eyes of the LORD.
Genesis 6 tells us the story of Noah, the one man God found redeemable from the wickedness of human kind, the only one who was blameless, faithful and obedient to his Maker.  Because of one man's testimony, God gave us a do-over, a restart, so to speak.   We don't always get to see the impact of one man's life on the earth, but looking to Noah, we see what God will do for just one faithful man, and it changed the world.  
Still the children of God sinned.  Still God kept His promises.  
Then there was Jesus, not a man like Noah, but God in the flesh, sent to save us from our sins.  Although we deserved judgment he provided His Son, The Lamb, sacrificed for our sins. 
Still I sin.  Still God keeps His promises.  
I am a child of grace, a sinner washed in the blood of Jesus.   I have been forgiven.   I have been redeemed.  My prayer is that i will live in such a way that I will find favor in the eyes of the Lord, a useful instrument in my Master's Hands. 
I like this old song, "Noah Found Grace In the Eyes of the Lord."  It was one my  new husband, along with a friend, sang in church many years ago.   The late Burl Ives sings it in this video. 
  




No comments:

Post a Comment