Wednesday, May 2, 2012

Lost and Found

Luke 15:31(NIV)

“‘My son,’ the father said, ‘you are always with me, and everything I have is yours. 32 But we had to celebrate and be glad, because this brother of yours was dead and is alive again; he was lost and is found.’”


I don't know the details of the story behind this picture but it is supposed to be a helicopter rescue in Japan.  See the hiker deep in the crevasse.  Can you imagine his relief at seeing the helicopter?   How amazing it is that those in the helicopter would risk their lives to save this mountaineer!

The Scripture verse in Luke is from the story of the prodigal son and the words made their way into that great hymn, "Amazing Grace."  I would have been good at being the prodigal's brother, preferring the fatted calf for myself.   There's a part of me that looks at this photo and accuses the man for being so foolish to have climbed that mountain in the first place.   I'm glad that Jesus was willing to suffer fools gladly even to the point of the cross, because a fool I am.    God does grant wisdom to those who seek after Him, and for that I am grateful.

"Thank You" - JJ Heller

No comments:

Post a Comment