Tuesday, May 15, 2012

My God, My Maker

Psalm 139:13-15(NIV)
13 For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb. 14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well. 15My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place. When I was woven together in the depths of the earth,

I well remember the moment my son turned from a crying, wrinkled, little stranger, who was keeping me up nights to the most beautiful baby ever, and I mean ever.   I leaned over his bassinet and to pull him into a more comfortable position; and, as I did, he looked at me with such intensity that he took my breath away.   It was a moment of awe and wonder, a gift from God through this tiny child.   I am thankful for every such moment I've received since then and hope for more to come.   
Are there are moments when I take God, my Father's, breath away, when he can look at me and see the beauty in this imperfect vessel and be thankful?  It is my hope and my prayer. 
This is today's YouTube upload, "My Love Goes With You," by the Innocence Mission.   Karen Peris gives voice to his lovely lullaby.

  

No comments:

Post a Comment