Sunday, August 25, 2013

Caution, Children at Play

Luke 18:16
English Standard Version (ESV)
16 But Jesus called them to him, saying, “Let the children come to me, and do not hinder them, for to such belongs the kingdom of God.
John 16:21
English Standard Version (ESV)
21 When a woman is giving birth, she has sorrow because her hour has come, but when she has delivered the baby, she no longer remembers the anguish, for joy that a human being has been born into the world.


I've failed as a parent if I didn't let my child be a child, if I've allowed his innocence to be compromised, if I've let him grow up too quickly.  I failed enough in these ways to be grateful that God, the perfect Father, over rides my parenting failures.  This weekend I found myself troubled by yet another parent peddling their child on Youtube, including a personal letter and request for my subscription that really couldn't have been written by such a young child without parental help.   Please, let children sing for their friends, their dolls, and better yet, sing for God at home and in church.  Let them sing as children should, bringing joy to their Creator; and, in doing so, give them time to grow up.  

No comments:

Post a Comment