Wednesday, August 7, 2013

My Merciful Jesus

Nicholas Nixon
Psalm 71:18
English Standard Version (ESV)
18 So even to old age and gray hairs,
    O God, do not forsake me,
until I proclaim your might to another generation,
    your power to all those to come.
2 Corinthians 4:16
English Standard Version (ESV)
16 So we do not lose heart. Though our outer self[a] is wasting away, our inner self is being renewed day by day.
Romans 8:18
New International Version (NIV)
Present Suffering and Future Glory

18 I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

I woke this morning to stiff and swollen rheumatoid hands.  No, I didn't lift them in praise to my Lord, but looked at them with worry instead.  You'd think I'd be there by now, because I'm not a baby Christian: but I'm still learning to consider each day a gift from God.  So my hands hurt sometimes, it's nothing, really, to the pain inflicted on my Savior's hands.  I may sometimes lose my way, but I will proclaim the name of Jesus all my way Home.  
"How Mercy Looks From Here" - Amy Grant


No comments:

Post a Comment