Thursday, August 8, 2013

My God, My Higher Rock

I've been feeling dull of spirit and achy in body today.  Somehow, a cowboy song, fits my mood.  It's the kind of day when I need to be led to the Rock who is higher than I.  God is good.  If I need to go a little higher today, He'll lead me there.

Psalm 61[a]

For the director of music. With stringed instruments. Of David.

1 Hear my cry, O God;
    listen to my prayer.
2 From the ends of the earth I call to you,
    I call as my heart grows faint;
    lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
3 For you have been my refuge,
    a strong tower against the foe.
4 I long to dwell in your tent forever
    and take refuge in the shelter of your wings.[b]
5 For you, God, have heard my vows;
    you have given me the heritage of those who fear your name.
6 Increase the days of the king’s life,
    his years for many generations.
7 May he be enthroned in God’s presence forever;
    appoint your love and faithfulness to protect him.
8 Then I will ever sing in praise of your name
    and fulfill my vows day after day.


"Lead Me to the Rock" - Ricky Skaags & Kentucky Thunder



No comments:

Post a Comment