Sunday, August 11, 2013

Never Forsaken, Never Alone


Joshua 1:9
English Standard Version (ESV)
9 Have I not commanded you? Be strong and courageous. Do not be frightened, and do not be dismayed, for the Lord your God is with you wherever you go.”

John 21:18-19
New International Version (NIV)
18 Very truly I tell you, when you were younger you dressed yourself and went where you wanted; but when you are old you will stretch out your hands, and someone else will dress you and lead you where you do not want to go.” 19 Jesus said this to indicate the kind of death by which Peter would glorify God. Then he said to him, “Follow me!”




Between this image of eskimo girls dancing in the harsh clime and my current reading of the book, "We Band of Angels," the story of the nurses trapped in Bataan by Japanese forces in World War II, I find myself in awe of those who continue on in the face of adversity and man's depravity.   God's ways are not my ways and I have to accept that even when I want to whine and ask, "God, What were you thinking?"  Maybe He'll answer that for me when I get to Heaven or maybe not.    Either way, God knows, and that needs to be enough.  Even if the world never sees my victories or celebrates my life, I know that God does.  Again, that needs to be enough.  So I'll keep reporting for duty, ever so glad that God leads me in the dance.  
"Anywhere With Jesus" - Amy Grant


No comments:

Post a Comment