Friday, August 23, 2013

My Counting God


Matthew 10:29-31
New International Version (NIV)
29 Are not two sparrows sold for a penny? Yet not one of them will fall to the ground outside your Father’s care.[a] 30 And even the very hairs of your head are all numbered. 31 So don’t be afraid; you are worth more than many sparrows.

Psalm 139:13-18
New International Version (NIV)
13 For you created my inmost being;
    you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
    your works are wonderful,
    I know that full well.
15 My frame was not hidden from you
    when I was made in the secret place,
    when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.
16 Your eyes saw my unformed body;
    all the days ordained for me were written in your book
    before one of them came to be.
17 How precious to me are your thoughts,[a] God!
    How vast is the sum of them!
18 Were I to count them,
    they would outnumber the grains of sand—
    when I awake, I am still with you.

I just googled the number of hairs on a human head and found it to be an approximate number, 100,000, God being the only One who has counted each hair.  Amazing, isn't it?  I count ten toes and ten fingers on a baby and stop there, but God keeps going.  
Forgive me, Father, for all the times I value you less than you value me.
"Small Enough" - Nichole Nordeman


No comments:

Post a Comment