Sunday, August 4, 2013

My God's Tabernacle


Galatians 2:20
New International Version (NIV)
20 I have been crucified with Christ and I no longer live, but Christ lives in me. The life I now live in the body, I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave himself for me.

Psalm 139:7-10
New International Version (NIV)
7 Where can I go from your Spirit?
    Where can I flee from your presence?
8 If I go up to the heavens, you are there;
    if I make my bed in the depths, you are there.
9 If I rise on the wings of the dawn,
    if I settle on the far side of the sea,
10 even there your hand will guide me,
    your right hand will hold me fast.
Deuteronomy 31:6
New International Version (NIV)
6 Be strong and courageous. Do not be afraid or terrified because of them, for the Lord your God goes with you; he will never leave you nor forsake you.”

The worship leader was singing a song about running and running and running to God to be drawn closer to Him only being able to come alive in His presence.   I was singing along and then thought, wait, is there ever a time when I'm not in His Presence?  He who fashioned me in my mother's womb and now lives in me is ever present.  I couldn't get away from Him if I tried.  His tabernacle is in my heart.  This knowledge should inspire me with a holy awe, but sometimes I do treat Him rather shabbily, making Him live among the debris of my life.  It's not so much about a needing to run to God but more about living in the awareness and knowledge of His constant, loving, merciful and most Holy presence.  
"Your Love Will Find Me" - Brian Doerksen


No comments:

Post a Comment