Monday, August 19, 2013

My God of the Sheaves

A young lady named Helen Burke holding her winning sheaves of wheat from a school fair, Milo, Alberta, c. 1920.
Psalm 126
New International Version (NIV)
Psalm 126

A song of ascents.

1 When the Lord restored the fortunes of[a] Zion,
    we were like those who dreamed.[b]
2 Our mouths were filled with laughter,
    our tongues with songs of joy.
Then it was said among the nations,
    “The Lord has done great things for them.”
3 The Lord has done great things for us,
    and we are filled with joy.
4 Restore our fortunes,[c] Lord,
    like streams in the Negev.
5 Those who sow with tears
    will reap with songs of joy.
6 Those who go out weeping,
    carrying seed to sow,
will return with songs of joy,
    carrying sheaves with them.
Today I had the privilege of witnessing for my Jesus.  I don't know if the seeds I scattered were on fertile soil, but I do pray that someday they will yield a good harvest.  Even so, if the seeds were scattered on barren land; they still produced growth in my own heart, because I found joy and thankfulness in the telling of what my Lord has done.  Be encouraged those who go out weeping because you will return with songs of joy.  Persevere and you will be bringing in the sheaves.
"Bringing In the Sheaves" - The Mills Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment