Thursday, August 29, 2013

School Days







1 Corinthians 13:11
New International Version (NIV)
11 When I was a child, I talked like a child, I thought like a child, I reasoned like a child. When I became a man, I put the ways of childhood behind me.
School is about to start up again in my town.  It's good that it's been raining for it will make the going back a little easier.  I suspect, though, that my husband who works in a school will have to hold back tears like the little girl above.  Then again he's just weird enough to put a colander on his head and fit right in.  There are times when we all have to be drug kicking and screaming into our mature years, and there will be times when we all still want our moms; but we soldier on knowing that our children need us to be the grownups.  I pray for God's protection on our all our children this school year and strength and wisdom for their teachers.
I Won't Back Down" - Johnny Cash


No comments:

Post a Comment