Tuesday, August 13, 2013

Down But Not Out


Proverbs 3:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 Trust in the Lord with all your heart,
    and do not lean on your own understanding.

Hebrews 10:23
New King James Version (NKJV)
23 Let us hold fast the confession of our hope without wavering, for He who promised is faithful.

Luke 18:1-8
New International Version (NIV)
The Parable of the Persistent Widow

18 Then Jesus told his disciples a parable to show them that they should always pray and not give up. 2 He said: “In a certain town there was a judge who neither feared God nor cared what people thought. 3 And there was a widow in that town who kept coming to him with the plea, ‘Grant me justice against my adversary.’

4 “For some time he refused. But finally he said to himself, ‘Even though I don’t fear God or care what people think, 5 yet because this widow keeps bothering me, I will see that she gets justice, so that she won’t eventually come and attack me!’”

6 And the Lord said, “Listen to what the unjust judge says. 7 And will not God bring about justice for his chosen ones, who cry out to him day and night? Will he keep putting them off? 8 I tell you, he will see that they get justice, and quickly. However, when the Son of Man comes, will he find faith on the earth?”
Job 2:10
English Standard Version (ESV)
10 But he said to her, “You speak as one of the foolish women would speak. Shall we receive good from God, and shall we not receive evil?”[a] In all this Job did not sin with his lips.


So I took a hit today.  I was rejoicing over receiving something that God didn't intend me to keep.  I then found out how quickly I could sin with both my thoughts and my lips.  Sigh.  I've had to go back to God with this one, even while feeling that God may have been the one behind the knockout punch.  He wasn't, of course, but it didn't feel that way.  I really do want the Lord to find me faithful, really.  I don't want to be caught with my sin showing, when He comes for me.  I may be a whiny toddler pulling on his pant legs, but He's stuck with me and I'll stick with Him.  
"Won't Turn Back" - NEEDTOBREATHE



No comments:

Post a Comment