Sunday, August 18, 2013

My God Who Calls Sin, Sin


1 Corinthians 1:18
New International Version (NIV)
Christ Crucified Is God’s Power and Wisdom

18 For the message of the cross is foolishness to those who are perishing, but to us who are being saved it is the power of God.

I believe the Bible is the word of God from cover to cover.
Billy Sunday 

I believe that a long step toward public morality will have been taken when sins are called by their right names.
Billy Sunday 

The rivers of America will run with blood filled to their banks before we will submit to them taking the Bible out of our schools.
Billy Sunday



Billy Sunday, the early 20th century evangelist, wasn't afraid to speak the truth.    He believed in the absolute inerrancy of the Bible.  He knew when to call sin, sin, and did so.  He didn't, however, predict that 21st century Americans would walk the wide road of tolerance for everyone, except those who believe in absolute truth.  Sin is celebrated and Christians are shamed.  I am a people pleaser.  I don't want to be shamed; but shouldn't I'd rather be shamed in the eyes of men then the eyes of God?  Thankfully He still forgives me, his fearful child, even when I don't love those, who are heading for hell, enough to tell them so.  I need to find my holy backbone and put it to use.  Big girl pants aren't mentioned as part of the armor of God, but for me they may be needed.  I've just got to pull them up and carry on with my Father's business. 
 "Sinner You'd Better Get Ready" - The Louvin Brothers

No comments:

Post a Comment