Thursday, August 15, 2013

My Grandma's Kitchen


1 Timothy 5:10
New International Version (NIV)
10 and is well known for her good deeds, such as bringing up children, showing hospitality, washing the feet of the Lord’s people, helping those in trouble and devoting herself to all kinds of good deeds.
John 14:2
King James Version (KJV)
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.


I don't know who's grandmother this is in the picture, but I look at it and find myself missing mine. Her life wasn't all about her as my own is wont to be.  The love she gave was sweet indeed.   I would like one more chance to stay over at her farmhouse and sit at her table but she's long gone home to her Lord; and Heaven is ever dearer.  We will one glorious day share our Father's house and eat at His table and bask in His presence.  I hope it will look a little like my grandma's kitchen. 
"Never Grow Old" - Patty Griffin

No comments:

Post a Comment