Sunday, August 4, 2013

Lord of Mercy


Isaiah 1:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 Learn to do right; seek justice.
    Defend the oppressed.[a]
Take up the cause of the fatherless;
    plead the case of the widow.
Job 29:12
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
12 Because I delivered the poor who cried for help,
And the orphan who had no helper.
James 1:27
New American Standard Bible (NASB)
27 Pure and undefiled religion in the sight of our God and Father is this: to visit orphans and widows in their distress, and to keep oneself unstained [a]by the world.
James 2:14-17
New International Version (NIV)
Faith and Deeds

14 What good is it, my brothers and sisters, if someone claims to have faith but has no deeds? Can such faith save them? 15 Suppose a brother or a sister is without clothes and daily food. 16 If one of you says to them, “Go in peace; keep warm and well fed,” but does nothing about their physical needs, what good is it? 17 In the same way, faith by itself, if it is not accompanied by action, is dead.

This photo of a garbage dump child broke my heart today; and, until I saw her, I had in mind another song to upload to Youtube; but God thought otherwise.  So, even though my lifelong worship has been nearly absent of Christian liturgy, I uploaded Fernando Ortega's "Kyrie 1" song.  Yes, Lord, have mercy.  Continue to break my heart with what breaks Yours.  Hold me responsible for what I have seen.  May I treat others with the same mercy you have shown me, so that they may also know your mercy.  
"Kyrie 1" - Fernando Ortega


No comments:

Post a Comment