Monday, August 12, 2013

Feeding My Sheep


Psalm 104:15
English Standard Version (ESV)
15     and wine to gladden the heart of man,
oil to make his face shine
    and bread to strengthen man's heart.
John 21:17
King James Version (KJV)
17 He saith unto him the third time, Simon, son of Jonas, lovest thou me? Peter was grieved because he said unto him the third time, Lovest thou me? And he said unto him, Lord, thou knowest all things; thou knowest that I love thee. Jesus saith unto him, Feed my sheep.

If all else fails, serve donuts.
  I find I can get away with lazily nursing my rheumatoid arthritis and still make the men in my house happy as long as there's food to eat when they come home.  i'm especially found of recipes that require five ingredients or less and still taste good.  Five can casserole, the pulled chicken cooked in a crock pot with a chopped red onion and a jar of barbecue sauce, and the pistachio salad that takes only a can of crushed pineapples, cool whip and a pudding box are all fall back upon dishes in my house.  I've pretty much given up grating and chopping and peeling to preserve my hands for other things, like turning the page of a good book, easier now that I read with a tablet.   I think I'll turn out the old lemonade pie recipe next.  It takes cool whip, a can of lemonade concentrate, sweetened condensed milk, and a ready made graham cracker crust.    So goes the battle in this house of the level path.


No comments:

Post a Comment