Tuesday, August 6, 2013

My River God


John 7:38
English Standard Version (ESV)
"38 Whoever believes in me, as[a] the Scripture has said, ‘Out of his heart will flow rivers of living water.’"
I'm really too sleepy to be writing right now, but here I am anyway.  I live close to a National park with many rivers, that I've greatly enjoyed over the years, especially ones with rocks big enough to cross over.  I also now know how to identify a good rock for skipping, because my husband is one great rock skipper.  When I was first living on my own, I had a perfectly shaped river rock that I used for a hammer.  It's Jesus who knows the true value of a rock, one that will survive whatever comes,  willing to be shaped for the Master's Use.  Yes, I am growing too sleepy to be much good on my keyboard right now, so I will close this out with a song by Nichole Nordemon, "River God."   It's so much better than my snoring here at my keyboard!
"River God" - Nichole Nordeman

No comments:

Post a Comment