Sunday, September 29, 2013

Because It's Raining Outside...

...and raining hard, with more rain expected, some Peanuts wisdom seemed in order.   Of course there should be some inspiration from the Scripture as well.

James 5:18
English Standard Version (ESV)
18 Then he prayed again, and heaven gave rain, and the earth bore its fruit.
Isaiah 55:10
English Standard Version (ESV)
10 “For as the rain and the snow come down from heaven
    and do not return there but water the earth,
making it bring forth and sprout,
    giving seed to the sower and bread to the eater,
I admit to having mixed feelings about rain; but I have learned to expect it. living as I do just east of a rain forest.  In the same way I have mixed feelings about life's rains and storms.  If God can bring fruit in my life through challenges and struggles then I should be glad for the rain.  The next step is turning my should be into an I am.  I may whimper about it, but ultimately I know it is God working in me for good.  So the game hasn't been called, and I'm ready to play.  As Charlie Brown says, "A little rain never hurt anyone." 
Mercy Me - "Bring The Rain"


No comments:

Post a Comment