Thursday, September 5, 2013

Foretaste of Glory Divine


Matthew 8:23-27
English Standard Version (ESV)
Jesus Calms a Storm
23 And when he got into the boat, his disciples followed him. 24 And behold, there arose a great storm on the sea, so that the boat was being swamped by the waves; but he was asleep. 25 And they went and woke him, saying, “Save us, Lord; we are perishing.” 26 And he said to them, “Why are you afraid, O you of little faith?” Then he rose and rebuked the winds and the sea, and there was a great calm. 27 And the men marveled, saying, “What sort of man is this, that even winds and sea obey him?”

Psalm 107:29
English Standard Version (ESV)
29 He made the storm be still,
    and the waves of the sea were hushed.

Lightning in the air tonight keeps shutting off my computer.  Maybe that's a good thing.  The computer does have a way of pulling me in.  Even my Bible is now on my tablet.  If this keeps up, I may have to pull out my bound and printed Bible and turn actual pages.  
I have a cherished memory of holding a small nephew, now a man, in my lap as we watched lightning strike the hills and listened to the thunder roll.  We were safe and snug in my father's house, but still in awe of what was happening outside.  There were and are many storms ahead for both of us; but it was at that moment a foretaste of glory divine.
Blessed Assurance
Fanny J. Crosby
vs.1
Blessed assurance, Jesus is mine!
O what a foretaste of glory divine!
Heir of salvation, purchase of God,
Born of His Spirit, washed in His blood.
Refrain:
This is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long;
this is my story, this is my song,
praising my Savior all the day long.
vs.2
Perfect submission, perfect delight!
Visions of rapture now burst on my sight;
Angels descending bring from above
Echoes of mercy, whispers of love.
(Refrain)
vs.3
Perfect submission, all is at rest!
I in my Savior am happy and blest,
Watching and waiting, looking above,
Filled with His goodness, lost in His love.
(Refrain)
"Blessed Assurance" - Third Day



No comments:

Post a Comment