Saturday, September 14, 2013

Getting More Than I Deserve



Romans 3:10
King James Version (KJV)
10 As it is written, There is none righteous, no, not one:


2 Corinthians 5:21
New International Version (NIV)
21 God made him who had no sin to be sin[a] for us, so that in him we might become the righteousness of God.


1 John 3:5
English Standard Version (ESV)
5 You know that he appeared in order to take away sins, and in him there is no sin.

Hebrews 4:15
English Standard Version (ESV)
15 For we do not have a high priest who is unable to sympathize with our weaknesses, but one who in every respect has been tempted as we are, yet without sin.
Romans 5:6-7
New International Version (NIV)
6 You see, at just the right time, when we were still powerless, Christ died for the ungodly. 7 Very rarely will anyone die for a righteous person, though for a good person someone might possibly dare to die.

Ever so often I come across a well written phrase or well spoken quote and wish it had been mine.  This quote by R.C. Sproul, Jr., a man that a cursory internet search would show he has his flaws and detractors, is one of them.   Still, I like this.  Why God allows suffering is a mystery to me and will probably remain so while I walk this earth; yet I know my suffering is not undeserved.  He did save a ungodly wretch like me, and I am so glad that my puny goodness wasn't a measuring stick for my redemption.  Because Jesus sacrificed Himself in my place, I am and know I will continue to be truly eternally grateful.  
"You Are My King" - Newsboys










No comments:

Post a Comment