Tuesday, September 10, 2013

Living A God-Breathed Life

George Frederic Watts - "She Shall Be Called Woman"
Genesis 1:27
New International Version (NIV)
27 So God created mankind in his own image,
    in the image of God he created them;
    male and female he created them.

Genesis 2:7
New King James Version (NKJV)
7 And the Lord God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living being.
Genesis 2:23-24
New International Version (NIV)
23 The man said,
“This is now bone of my bones
    and flesh of my flesh;
she shall be called ‘woman,’
    for she was taken out of man.”
24 That is why a man leaves his father and mother and is united to his wife, and they become one flesh.
I learned today that a medicine I took today for rheumatoid arthritis, Methotrexate (MTX) is also used for non-surgical, or medical abortions.  It's an unpleasant drug and every time I take it I pray first that God might make me tougher than it is.  This has me questioning once again, as the news is full of the atrocities in Syria-and they are terrible-when my own country will stop the legal but brutal methods of killing our own children. 

There was a time when I was willing to defend pro-choice, while conceding, as a Christian, that I would never make that choice for myself.  I was a young college student with a desire to be a forward thinking woman as the second wave of feminism was sweeping our country.  Now I know that I was just plain wrong; even though, at the time I would have passionately argued otherwise.  A mother's womb should be the safest place for a child, and it is a child and not a clump of cells, but it's not.  It's a national tragedy that we so callously dispose of children created in the image of God and given life through His very breath.

There was a time when I learned the hard way the value of life, when after struggling many years to become pregnant, suffering a miscarriage, and finally enduring a high-risk pregnancy before delivering a miraculously healthy child.  Yes, he's the young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged about.  

So, I take my Methotrexate plus a host of other somewhat toxic medicines, so that I can live and love the people that God has given me to love.  My life is a small one, often limited by pain; but it's my life, a gift from God and not to be wasted.  Besides, someone in this house of the level path, has to be here to let the pets in and out and in and out, and that's me.

My newest upload is "Everything Beautiful" by Gungor.  Since I just uploaded a short time ago, I'll have to upload it on this blog in my next post.  My Jesus can make any life beautiful.
"Beautiful Things" - Gungor
All this pain
I wonder if I’ll ever find my way
I wonder if my life could really change at all
All this earth
Could all that is lost ever be found
Could a garden come up from this ground at all

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

All around
Hope is springing up from this old ground
Out of chaos life is being found in You

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are making me new
You are making me new

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of the dust
You make beautiful things
You make beautiful things out of us

You make me new, You are making me new
You make me new, You are





No comments:

Post a Comment