Sunday, September 15, 2013

The Master Still Calls

His Master's Voice Ad, The Theatre c.1910. Francis Barraud (1856-1924)

John 10:27-29
King James Version (KJV)
27 My sheep hear my voice, and I know them, and they follow me:

28 And I give unto them eternal life; and they shall never perish, neither shall any man pluck them out of my hand.

29 My Father, which gave them me, is greater than all; and no man is able to pluck them out of my Father's hand.
John 21:17
New International Version (NIV)
17 The third time he said to him, “Simon son of John, do you love me?”

Peter was hurt because Jesus asked him the third time, “Do you love me?” He said, “Lord, you know all things; you know that I love you.”

Jesus said, “Feed my sheep.

I'm old enough to remember the RCA dog listening to the recording of his master's voice.  I also remember well how my grandpa's dairy cows responded to his call at milking time.  My own ears still pick up the voices of every child crying, "Mom!"  Whom am I listening to and whom am I listening for?  I pray that my own ears will be ever be tuned to hear the voice of my Master and the cries of his people, until He returns or calls me Home.  


No comments:

Post a Comment