Tuesday, September 17, 2013

God-Made Men


Psalm 37:23
English Standard Version (ESV)
23 The steps of a man are established by the Lord,
    when he delights in his way;

Numbers 6:24-26
English Standard Version (ESV)
24 The Lord bless you and keep you;
25 the Lord make his face to shine upon you and be gracious to you;
26 the Lord lift up his countenance[a] upon you and give you peace.
The young man who lives in our house but doesn't want to be blogged about had his close group of friends from boyhood over tonight.  The first one will be leaving town this week for college.  He's not even my own child but I still find myself weepy tonight.  My own wants to go so badly; but, since he's determined not to mire himself in student debt, he is still raising his college funds.  I'm proud him.  I'm proud of all of them, not so much because they are self-made men in training but because they're God-made men in training.  God bless our children.  May they ever follow after you.
Proverbs 4:26
New International Version (NIV)
26 Give careful thought to the[a] paths for your feet
    and be steadfast in all your ways.

Yes, I did torture myself tonight by watching the ending of Toy Story 3.



No comments:

Post a Comment